The miFuture website and miFuture social media channels, and any miFuture digital platforms are wholly owned by miFuture Group Ltd. This privacy statement :
Explains how miFuture Group Ltd complies with United Kingdom and European Union data protection laws and guidance from the Office of the Information Commissioner. This covers the information we hold about you, how we use it and the organisations with whom we may share the information with.
Applies to all miFuture Group Ltd services, including face to face interactions and education/ workshop sessions, telephone discussions, web and social media contact. Any changes to the privacy statement will be posted here and we suggest that as you use miFuture Group Ltd services over time you revisit it for updates.
What information does MiFuture Group Ltd collect?
miFuture Group Ltd focuses on helping individuals to identify skills, knowledge, experience, ambitions and interests they need to make real time career decisions and to be able to manage their career and progression plans independently. We also match your data to client opportunities to ensure you have a truly individualised service.
To do this we may need to know:
- your name, address, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address so that we can keep in contact with you
- details of your skills, qualifications, interests, work and life experience and may include information on health conditions and/or ethnic origins. (Please see below for details of how we treat sensitive information).
Collecting the information
We get your information direct from you, through the contact you have with miFuture Group Ltd staff including the registration process and/or information input on the miFuture Group Ltd website and digital platforms. Education partners are not required to provide miFuture Group Ltd with information regarding their learners, though it may be helpful in some cases, miFuture will not demand personal information from any of our education partners.
We want to make sure that we are treating our service users appropriately and fairly, in order for miFuture Group Ltd to comply with equality legislation we may need to provide this type of information to organisations responsible for ensuring that we comply with legal requirements. Any information we provide on this basis is anonymised so that it cannot be attributed to any specific individual. You are under no obligation to provide us with sensitive information, nor do you need to provide us with this information in order to access our services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
The information provided by you through your contacts with miFuture Group Ltd is held on the organisation’s cloud- based CRM (called HubSpot). It is housed on secure servers located in the EU, password, and two-factor authentication programme. We will not in any circumstances transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area. All employees and volunteers must comply with the GDPR guidelines for storing personal information of clients and relationships established.
Using your information
In addition to using information to potential match you with individualised career and progression routes we may also use the information to:
- Support our internal record keeping.
- Help you access the various services offered by miFuture Group Ltd where you have agreed to this.
- Assist us in improving our services.
- Enable us to periodically to contact you to inform you about new services or other information which we think you may find useful in making career decisions and plans.
- Provide information to Welsh Government and Career Wales about how miFuture Group Ltd and other funding bodies or services are used by partners on the basis set out below.
- Help young adults to engage and progress in earning, learning, training and volunteering.
We may be obliged to share information with organisations that can help you make progress with your career plans and bodies responsible for ensuring that miFuture Group Ltd meets its contractual requirements and standards for the quality of its services. And could include: School managers and staff; Further and higher educational establishments; Training providers; Local Authorities; The Welsh Government; Estyn; and any other that may apply and be deemed reasonable.
By providing information to us, you agree to your information being disclosed to the third parties referred to above. Without such disclosure, miFuture Group Ltd will be unable to provide the services offered.
You can control the information held by miFuture Group Ltd about you in a number of ways:
- You can require that miFuture Group Ltd does not hold personal information about you on our CRM, which records details of your contact with our staff;
- You can request that we do not pass personal information we keep about you to other organisations;
- You can request details of the personal information we hold on you in the form of a subject access request. Such request must be in writing and must include details of the information you require. There is no charge for this service.
- You can access many of our online policies available via miFuture.co.uk, without providing any personal information.
If you wish to take action on any of these matters please write to Gemma Hallett, Director, at the email address provided at the end of this privacy statement, providing details of your name, date of birth, and address to ensure that we can accurately identify your record.
Important points to consider that affect your privacy:
Disclosure and Safeguarding
miFuture Group Ltd has a duty of care to you and to the public generally, which we must legally take account of each time you contact us. This may include, for example, instances where we become concerned and have a reasonable belief that:
- You may be in danger of harm from others
- You may be in danger of causing harm to yourself, or to others.
- Withholding information you have provided may prejudice the prevention or detection of crime or an unlawful act, or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders;
- In such instances, miFuture Group Ltd must refer the matter to an appropriate agency e.g. Social Services, Police and will inform clients affected that contact with a referral agency has been made (unless such notification would be prejudicial to the purpose of such disclosure).
MiFuture Group Ltd help that meets your needs
Providing you with the miFuture matching, advice and guidance services that will best meet your needs is largely dependent on you providing miFuture Group Ltd advisers with information that is relevant to your career and progression plans. Similarly, helping you to become better able to manage your career decisions requires us to look back over our prior contact with you to identify the progress you have made, or what may be causing difficulties in implementing your plans.
MiFutureco.uk and other miFuture Digital platforms
Whilst some information on our platforms can be accessed by all users, other and future sections may require you to go through a simple registration process where we ask you to provide a basic level of personal information. The information that you provide to us is subject to the requirements and conditions of this privacy statement
miFutureco.uk and our other/ future digital platforms and digital media channels often contain links to enable you to visit other websites and opportunities easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website you should note that we do not have any control over the new website you visit. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Any individual documents that you generate through use of the website will be monitored by miFuture Group Ltd in order to ensure that they are appropriately relevant to supporting your career and progression plans. By using miFutureco.uk and our other/ future digital platforms and digital media channels to produce or store information you are agreeing to this monitoring process.
If you believe that any information, we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via our contact details below. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly. In order to quality assure the services we provide, we may record the face to face, telephone and social network interactions that we have with clients for monitoring purposes. Where we use recording of interactions with clients to help train our staff these are anonymised so that it cannot be attributed to any specific individual.
Contact miFuture Group Ltd:
If you have any queries relating to this privacy statement, wish to request details of the personal information held by miFuture Group Ltd about you or wish to update your personal information please contact us at: hello@miFuture.co.uk